Our ship is located on Navy Pier, and is docked about halfway down the pier on the South dock. Look for our masts or our ticket booth.
- From the north, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) to the Grand Avenue exit.
- From the northwest, take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street Exit, south on Orleans to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the west, take the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) to Columbus Drive, north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the southwest, take the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41), north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the south, take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) east to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41), north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the southeast, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to the Illinois Street exit.
Visit Navy Pier - Getting Here - Public Transportation
Public transportation offers visitors an affordable and convenient way to get to Navy Pier. It is also the recommended means of travel to and from Navy Pier.
Metra commuter rail is a convenient travel alternative. On weekends and select holidays, up to 3 children under 12 travel free when accompanied by a fare-paying adult. The CTA's #124 bus provides convenient and direct service from Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station to Navy Pier. For Metra fare and schedule information visit www.metrarail.com, or call 312.836.7000.
By City Bus
The CTA provides seven bus lines with more than 200 buses serve Navy Pier daily on the #29 State St, #65 Grand Ave, #66 Chicago Ave. and the #124 Navy Pier Express (serving Metra lines the Millenium (Randolph St.), Ogilvie and Union Stations). During weekday rush hours, the #2 Hyde Park Express (stops running at 9:10pm), #120 Northwestern/Wacker Express (serving the Ogilvie Transportation Center), and the #121 Union/Wacker Express (serving Union Station) run every fifteen minutes from 9 am to 12am throughout the summer and 9am to 10pm the rest of the year. All buses are equipped with bike racks and are ADA accessible. For more information, call the CTA at (312) 836-7000 or visit www.transitchicago.com.
Navy Pier Trolley
Navy Pier offers daily free trolley service between Navy Pier and State Street along Grand Avenue and Illinois Street.
Navy Pier has three convenient taxi drop-off and pick-up points.
One is at the west end of Navy Pier, serving Dock Street and the Family Pavilion.
At the mid-point, Entrance 1 serves the west end of Festival Hall, RIVA, and WBEZ Radio. Entrance 2 serves the east end of Festival Hall,
the Grand Ballroom and the Navy Pier Beer Garden. Windy is located closest to Entrance 1, and is a great drop off location for car or busses.
By Sightseeing Bus line
Three sightseeing bus lines stop and pick up at Navy Pier's front entrance. They include American Sightseeing and Gray Line Chicago, (312) 251-3100/3107; and Chicago Trolley Company, (312) 663-0260.